Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Microsoft Office: Mac 2008 Update 12.2.3

I just read a Macworld Article saying that office 2008 12.2.3 update was out so I downloaded and installed. After doing so I was amazed at how fast word, excel, and powerpoint 08 took to boot from a warm start. I'm going to restart my computer later and test cold start times. I'm VERY impressed at the boot up speed, if this trend continues hats off to you MacBU. I might try to count the bounces it takes for office to boot up from a cold start later on.

Edit: Cold boot test, Word: 7 bounces, Excel/Powerpoint: 2 bounces. Such a huge discrepancy between word and excel/powerpoint, I always wonder why, one example of difference is where on excel/powerpoint when you resize the window it only gives you the outline while on word it shows you the whole window resizing, which I personally find very odd. It appears that excel and powerpoint just load faster than word for some reason, hopefully the gap will be minimized in office: mac 2010. Just to note this is on my 2008 mbp with 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 2 GB of RAM running 10.6.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment